SOLAR (PV) DESIGNER
The future is today, and we want you to be part of it!
This is an exciting time for the solar industry as we make a difference, one roof at time, and change the lives of our customers and the environment they live it. We are a customer-focused company that has succeeded because of the strong reputation, values, and industry leadership we have encompassed in the Gulf Coast Region. If you would like to be a part of something great-an award winning and fun team, then collaborate with us and bring your ideas and your passion. A new career awaits you!
Sunpro Solar is looking to hire Solar Designer for our Little Rock, AR territory! The Solar Designer works diligently to create custom solar panel designs that best fit the customer’s unique needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess and confirm system design, including: array layout, wire runs and interconnection method.
- Identify and resolve design issues with the salesman and submit drawings for their customer’s review and approval.
- Track and manage numerous projects and communicate milestones to appropriate parties.
- Coordinating with multiple jurisdictions to meet their requirements
- Provide final review of system designs to ensure a high level of accuracy and completion
- Maintain and update CAD standards
- Research building codes and plan implementation of new system design requirements (NEC, Building Code, Fire Code, Greenbook, etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic 2D AutoCAD skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in AutoCAD, Visio, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Capability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Have previous solar experience highly preferred, but not required
- Know how to research National Electrical Code. Previous knowledge preferred but not required
- Have experience working with Outlook and SalesForce, but not required
What’s in it for You?
We’re growing very quickly and need people excited about growing skills. So, if you’re ready to push your comfort level, learn something new every day, and be part of the Green Revolution, come join the fun. We do offer the following:
- Competitive Pay and Incentives
- Opportunities for Self-development and Career Progression
- Health Benefits, Allowances, 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
Founded in 2008, Sunpro Solar is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar in the United States. Sunpro Solar designs, installs, and maintains the solar panels on residential and commercial properties. Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service and was ranked #5 for 2020 Solar Power World’s Magazine Top Solar Rooftop Contractors nationwide as well as on Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies in the U.S.
Sunpro is a drug free work environment. Only candidates able to pass a drug test and a background check providing no evidence of felony or misdemeanor convictions or pending charges will be eligible for hire.
Sunpro is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will remain active for 60 days.